Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween in Ohio, yes, it is different

Well here we are in Ohio.  Andrea is so excited to go trick or treating, I don't get it.  Then I am informed that trick or treating is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.  

"What?  You have scheduled time for trick or treating?"

"Yes" (as she is laughing at me)  I just don't get it.

And let me tell you, these people are serious about Halloween.  Really, really, really serious about it.


It is time to start trick or treating.  We walk down the street, and everyone is standing outside in their front yard or on their front porch handing out candy.








No door knocking, nothing, just streets full of people standing outside waiting for the trick or treaters. I am not kidding you, these people are very serious about Halloween






Yes, I am holding Trevor's tiger costume.  He would not put it on.  Even after we told him he could get candy, nope, no way.  He wanted nothing to do with it.







Trevor wouldn't trick or treat until Cami showed him that he could candy.  People would ask where his basket was, he would point to Cami and say, "She is sharing her basket with me.  She is so nice"


This nice person just left the candy on the front porch.


I LOVE THESE KIDS!!!!!!


Oh, and did I mention it was raining!!!!!???!!!  And it was cold!!!!  And raining!!!!!.  So no, the drowned rat look was not a costume, lol.

















And here is Trevor in his costume about 3 months ago, when he wouldn't leave it alone, played in it, slept in it, ate in it.....go figure.





No comments: