Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Shhhhhh, it's a Surprise

So, I have really been missing my sister-in-law Andrea, and she has really been missing me, and our Face Book posts to each other were so pathetic, lol, that my husband told me to fly out there for Halloween.

So I started watching plane ticket prices, and they went up, then up again, and again....then suddenly, they dropped, then while I was waiting to book the flight they dropped again.  WAHOOO!!  Ohio here I come!!

A few select people knew I was traveling, a couple of friends one or two family members and Andrea's mom, that's it.  The less people in "the know" the less chance of the surprise getting leaked.  So I kept this secret for a week and half.  The hardest secret I have EVER had to keep.  I couldn't post anything about the preparation or the trip on Face Book, and for that week and half I had to be careful about what I did post on Face Book.

Andrea's mom almost couldn't take it anymore.  It was killing her to keep this secret because she was so excited because she knew how happy Andrea would be.  The closer it got to my arrival date, the less and less she talked to Andrea, lol.

The day started at 3:40 a.m. when I had to wake up so I could be ready to leave the house by 4:30 a.m., so I could be at the airport by 5:00 a.m. for our 6:00 a.m. flight.  (We had to leave early in order to be there in time to go trick-or-treating)  The hardest thing about the day was not posting to Face Book any of the days events.

So I figured I had better prep Trevor.  So on the plane I said, "Honey, when Aunt Andrea sees us, she might cry."   "She won't cry mom, she will be so happy to see us."  "Absolutely she is going to be so happy to see us, and because she is so happy, well, she might cry."  He just looks at me, shrugs his shoulders and gives me a look that says "I will never understand you mom" and goes back to reading the emergency evacuation plan.

Andrea's mom goes in the house first.  Then a couple of minutes later we go in.  Westley was sitting at the kitchen table.  His mouth drops open, he gasps loudly and points our direction.  I cover my lips with my finger as a signal to be quiet.  I am waiting with my camera in hand for Andrea to come around the corner.  I hear a "No.   No way."  Then Andrea comes into view.  (Trevor had peaked his head around the corner, and she had seen him)

"Are you serious?"

"Serious!!!!!??!!!!"

(I love the stunned the look on Cami's face, and the big smile on Westley's)









"You guys!, how did you do this."







"Not many people are able to get me, you guys got me."

No comments: